Randomised Control Trial
SummaryThe clinical study will test the new patient-led follow-up approach and compare it to the existing standard of care clinic-led follow-up.
Number of Participants698 eligible head and neck cancer patients nationally.
- Head and neck cancer patients, at around 1 year after finishing treatment
- Aged 18 years or older
- Written informed consent by the patients.
Optional additional parts of the clinical study
- Interviews so that we can understand patients’ experiences of both types of follow-up and how it affects their fear of cancer recurrence.
- Collection of blood, tissue and saliva from head and neck cancer patients so that scientists can study how the cancer cells work.
- Interviews to understand how doctors and nurses explain the PETNECK2 study to patients (also called QRI study). For more information on the QRI please visit: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/population-health-sciences/research/groups/social-sciences-health/quintet/
|Prof Hisham Mehanna
|Not yet open
|Open to new sites?
|Anticipated recruitment start date:
|Anticipated recruitment end date:
More information for healthcare professionals - please click here